for teachers who teach or want to start teaching lexically
'Lexical Approach and Adult Students'
Speaker: Anita Modestova, a founder of Teachers Teach Teachers, an English teacher, a psycologist and a business coach
Anita Modestova,a founder of Teachers Teach Teachers, an English teacher, a psycologist and a business coach
What to expect:
- basic principles and ideas of the lexical approach,
- what you can change in your teaching right away,
- what the lexical approach looks like at different language levels,
- what Anita's lexical lesson looks like,
The price includes
1. Three pre-webinar videos that will help you warm up before watching the webinar itself
Meet Anita Modestova. Learn some facts about the speaker and how she started teaching lexically
Anita shares her two favourite low-prep activities which
- don't take much time to prepare;
- help to revise and recycle vocabulary;
- help teaching listening lexically.
In the last pre-webinar video, Anita shares her thoughts on how the lexical approach has changes her teaching behaviour.
2. The recording of the webinar
6:37 Basic principles and ideas of the approach
7:42 What does the lexical approach affect?
11:56 What is the lexical approach?
17:57 What is more important: grammar or vocabulary?
20:29 Why do students learn English?
21:37 The communicative approach vs the lexical approach
26:17 I can work with the vocabulary vs I teach lexically
28:00 Features of the lexical approach
33:56 What you can change in your teaching right away
54:31 What LA looks like at different language levels
1:02:30 What my lesson looks like
1:14:39 Criticism of the approach
1:22:04 What exactly is 'a lot of vocabulary'?
1:27:29 What is the hardest thing about working with adults?
3. Follow-up: Lexical Activities